HEAL Journey Promo

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

About the HEAL Journey

Mission Statement
HEAL is a program of Wonderfully Made designed to help young women develop a healthy and positive approach to food, their bodies and life by making God the center in this area of their lives.


More about HEALSC Beach Workshop 049reduced03
The HEAL philosophy incorporates the physical, spiritual and emotional components of our lives, recognizing the powerful relationships these parts have with each other. HEAL is a spiritual program, one that is based on the principles and implications of the Christian faith. HEAL encourages women to apply their faith to their daily interactions with food while encouraging them to live more meaningful and abundant lives. Experience has taught us that we need something bigger than ourselves to heal and restore us - because we can’t do it on our own. We need each other and we need God!


The HEAL Program
The HEAL Program is currently offered through college chapters of Wonderfully Made and consists of weekly HEAL sessions offered over the course of the school year. HEAL Sessions are student-led and are comprised of a small group of girls who meet regularly to discuss the HEAL material and exchange encouragement for their HEAL journey. HEAL materials include the bestseller Thin Within by Judy and Arthur Halliday and a series of writings on the Healthy Eating, Abundant Living principles by Allie Marie Smith, the creator of the HEAL Program.


In January 2009 Group Publishing will release The HEAL Workbook, by Allie Marie Smith with Judy Halliday. This 6-week group study will allow young women worldwide to embark on the HEAL Journey!


What Girls Are Saying


Because of HEAL, my relationship with Christ has grown like crazy! I now see my body and my relationship with food as blessings. Looking into the mirror, I can see something beyond my reflection. I see God's love in the twinkle of my eye, the curl of my hair, and the crease of my smile.”


“HEAL has helped me feel the Lord's grace and has provided tremendous support from my friends who are also on their HEAL journey. HEAL was an answer to prayer that I do not know what I would do without! I am truly blessed and can't wait to share this program with all of God's girls!”


“HEAL is my saving grace. It was able to pull me out of the dark and into the light in my eating and the way I looked at food and my life in general. The HEAL program has completely changed the way I go about my body image issues. I now understand how to examine my body before eating in order to judge just how hungry I am. I know to eat slower in order to not overeat, and I am becoming familiar with the signals my body is giving me surrounding these issues.”


“The HEAL program has taught me how to bring God into this part of my life, which I wouldn't have been able to do on my own. That is what makes this program so unique--it brings God into such an important part of daily life and really reshaped how I dealt with issues I had with my body, eating, and self-love.”


“Through HEAL I have learned how to bring God's love into every bite I put into my body. I am able to stop eating before I am overwhelmingly full, and I am learning how to put the right foods into my body. I am learning how to treat my body in the way God designed it to be treated. “

No comments: