HEAL Journey Promo

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Know My Heart

Let this be our authentic prayer before God as we travel upon our HEAL Journey:

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
-Psalm 139:23-24

This is what the HEAL journey is about - going to God daily and asking him to search our heart, to refine us and make us beautiful in His sight. The HEAL Journey is about transformation from the inside out. We cannot be healed from harmful eating habits or distorted body image until God renews us within. As He brings to light things that are not pleasing to Him, we are presented with the opportunity to become the women he wants us to be - to be "lead in the way everlasting." Here are some questions to help you probe your heart:
  • Do I run to tangible things for comfort instead of God?
  • Do I speak God's word over my life or do I let my anxious thoughts have control?
  • Do I affirm my body or I do I criticize the way God made me?
  • Do I judge other women by the shape or size of their body?
  • Where is my focus? What do I think about during the day? Are my eyes fixed upon God and His truth or am I concerned with the things of the world?
  • Do I praise God for the ability to exercise and enjoy my body or I am worried about burning calories?
  • Do I ask God to reveal the parts of me He wants to renew and refine?
  • Do I spend time daily in prayer? Reading and memorizing His truth?
  • How pure and edifying are the things I expose myself to? (music, TV, Myspace, movies, Internet)


No comments: