HEAL Journey Promo

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Note of Encouragement from Jessica

Hello girls,

I just wanted to take a quick moment to share with you how blessed we are by your presence in Wonderfully Made, and to encourage those of you who haven't been able to come lately to set aside some time for fellowship with other fun, silly, goofy, creative, and beautiful girls!

I was lucky today to have an entirely free afternoon, with no homework or meetings or chores or any of the little tasks which usually occupy my weekends. I decided to spend some time with God, and pulled my Bible from my shelf, where it usually collects dust!

I found this verse, which really inspired me to write to you girls:

"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." (Ephesians 4:15-16)

I think this verse is awesome for two reasons.
1) It reinforces how special and precious our own bodies are, and how much we vitally need each part (even the parts we might think aren't useful, like our thighs or our butt or the hair that can't be tamed!)
2) It shows us that, as a body in Christ, we need each and every one of you.

I think that I speak for all of the "older" members of Wonderfully Made when I say that it would not be the same without you.

Love,

Jessica Rice
Wonderfully Made, SCU Chapter

No comments: