HEAL Journey Promo

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beauty Tips by God

I had the privilege of speaking to some junior high girls recently at a Mother-Daughter brunch and one of the topics I talked about was authentic beauty. Beauty that comes from within. I had the girls imagine that if God was giving them some beauty tips this is a little of what he might say:

-Laugh out loud
-Dress yourself in a true understanding of your value and worth in me
-Pray to me
-Drink my living water
-Do not worry
-Wrap yourself in my arms of mercy
-Walk upon the aisle of my grace
-Be slow to speak and quick to listen
-Love me the Lord your God with all your heart
-Open your arms to the poor and extend your hands to the needy
-Love your enemies
-Remain in my love
-Let your spirit sing my praises
-Forgive as you have been forgiven and accept others as you have been accepted
-Feed the hungry
-Clothe the naked
-Have compassion for those in need
-Proclaim my mighty name throughout all the earth

1 comment:

Jen Mc. said...

What a beautiful list, Allie! Just amazing that with the definition of true beauty ever before us, we would cling to other things. This looks like a great prayer list!!
Love you girls!